CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Bears

Today I got a library book called the Cartoonist's Big Book of Drawing Animals. It's full of funny and cute cartoon animals and lots of techniques and stuff. The first chapter was about drawing bears. I had lots of fun.

This bear involved a lot of circles and erasing. The rounded look gives her a kind expression.


This bear was really easy to make. Mostly just thick streight lines that made him look retro.

When I drew this bear, it looked a lot like she was scolding someone. So it went well with the next picture.
When I was drawing the cute little panda, it looked all inocent and his arm was out, he was supposed to be waving but I added fingers and another cub from the book and then put a half eaten sandwich and hotdog and a tipped over picknik basket on a picknik blanket. So the picture speaks for itself.
When I was drawing the little bear in his pajamas with his book, all ready for bed, I noticed he had a kind of "what the heck?" expression, so I added the evil genius bear and his robot in the cub's bedroom.



3 comments:

Kate said...

WOW your pretty good at drawing. have you ever thought of becoming an illustrator?

Grammie/Mom said...

Kate's right. You seem to be quite an artist. Keep it up and put it on here for all to see.

Elizabeth said...

I love your bear drawings Q. I can't wait to see what you draw next :)